As many of my friends and family know, on Friday I start my new adventure working on a cruise ship. It feels like it's been forever since I found out I got the job back in January, and quite a long costly process also. One week ago I got my post on Holland America Line's ship called the MS Rotterdam. Starting off in Lisbon, I will then be sailing around the Canary Islands, and Morocco, Spain and some more of Portugal within the first 2 weeks. I am fortunate to have been placed on a ship with so many destinations, rather than going on a repetitive course.
So my blog's name has to be credited to my sister, Melissa. My favourite thing to eat is a good burger, it is all I ever order in a restaurant. I joked when we went out for tea last week that I am going to sample a burger at every port I visit, and just like that the idea was born.
Packing has been somewhat of a challenge. Anyone who knows me understands that I have a slight shopping addiction, and limiting myself has been a major issue! However I think my Aunty Kay was more concerned about it than I was, asking on several occasions whether I knew what my luggage allowance was! With the ships destinations, I have to be prepared for all weather conditions, going from the sun in Morocco, up into the Arctic Circle in Norway. It's a good job I have a lot of warm clothes living in Blackpool!
When researching my ship's itinerary I had never heard of most of the destinations listed. Since then my mother and I have been scouring the internet, researching and obsessing about some of the places I will be seeing, most notably the Norwegian Fjords and the Northern Lights in Iceland. It seems as though I have contracted a serious case of Wanderlust, resulting in writing quite an extensive Bucket List. I hope to get a lot of these crossed off within the coming years.
THE BUCKET LIST
1. Swim in hot springs - Iceland
2. Swim with dolphins
3. See northern lights
4. Go on hot air balloon
5. White water rafting
6. Go on a husky ride
7. Go on a helicopter ride
8. Gondolier ride in venice
9. See the pyramids
10. See the acropolis
11. Ride a camel
12. Elephant ride
13. Safari in africa
14. Hold a baby lion
15. Scuba diving in the great barrier reef
16. See the colosseum
17. See niagra falls
18. Walk the great wall of china
19. See stonehenge
20. See the taj mahal
21. See the leaning tower of pisa
22. See machu picchu
23. Visit petra
24. See chichen itza
25. Go to the grand canyon
26. See mount everest
27. Ride a cable car in san francisco
28. Go to alcatraz
29. Visit auwschwits
30. Go to mardi gras in new orleans
31. See pompeii
32. Do a coast to coast american road trip
33. Visit a volcano
34. Go to a drive in movie
35. Hold a koala bear
36. Feed stingrays
37. Hold a monkey
38. Go on a horseback ride on the beach
39. Milk a cow
40. Kiss a sealion
41. Sleep in a yurt
42. Sleep in an igloo
43. Stand under a waterfall
44. Go whale watching
45. Attend a masquerade ball
46. Go ice fishing
47. Attend a luau
48. Drive route 66
49. Do the hollywood walk of fame
50. Stand under the hollywood sign
51. Walk on glass beach california
52. See mount rushmore
53. Attend carnival brazil
54. Visit the valley of the kings
55. See killer whales in the wild
56. Spend christmas in lapland
57. Ice skate outside the Chrysler building NY
58. Visit every single disney theme park
59. Try a philly cheese steak in Philadelphia
60. Visit easter island
Have you ever wrote a bucket list? I never thought I would, but it feels much better to have goals, and things to aim for.
I hope to update you on my travels as often as possible, Sophie xxx
No comments:
Post a Comment