Monday, 27 April 2015

The First Few Days

Okay so the first few days of any new job is hard, especially for me having such a major change. I woke up on Friday morning in rainy Lisbon, headed down to the port on instruction, boarded my new ship at midday. It sounds like a simple process, but obviously there were a few complications for example my company told my the wrong time to be on the ship, she there I was stood outside the terminal at 9:30am in the rain, rather than 12noon. Then there was the drama of having to get my luggage onto the ship - obviously the hardest process as you could imagine.

 I was then showed my cabin. Now everyone wants to know what they look like, I can tell you now I was quite shocked. Can you imagine how much stuff two 22 year old girls have!? But somehow we're making it work. My roommate is called Kayleigh, from Holland. We work together and she's very nice, relieving because meeting who I was going to live with for the next how many months was the scariest idea ever!

Work is alright too, the pace is much slower than I had been used to at McDonald's, you could even call it easy in comparison. I think I'm going to really like it here. I'm surrounded by precious gems and gorgeous diamonds all the time! HEAVEN! And yes I have picked out my engagement ring so if any of you want to know ;)

On Sunday I had my first port day we visited Funchal in Madiera. It was a very picturesque port, with gorgeous purple trees and pink flowers. I went on the hop on, hop off sightseeing bus with two of my fellow shoppies - Alex from Romania, and Harry from India. Naturally we missed the beautiful market until the very end, wishing we had tried some of the street food rather than having the quick pizza in an Internet cafe. It's funny, we are constantly surrounded by watched and diamonds yet the biggest desire we all have is wifi! Hence why I am able to write this from Santa Cruz, Tenerife. But more on that next time.

My connection is too bad to upload photos on here, but I uploaded Madeira yesterday onto Facebook :)

Sophie xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment